I'd like to say charming family of 6. Probably would be more appropriate to call it like I see it. I am the ring leader of my favorite circus and it's pretty much non-stop entertainment. If I can just stay awake so I don't miss it.



The Color Run
January 26, 2013 

 I posted an invite to all my facebook friends to come to Phoenix and run in the color run with me.  My friend Sharon accepted that challenge and I am so glad she did.  The color run is a 5K and they throw different colors of powder on you as you run by.  So you start out all clean and at the end your very colorful.  They call it the happiest 5K.  I admit I doubted it was going to be the "happiest" run when it started rainin the night before and rained all through the night and then all day. 
 
We started with rain coats.


It's a little dreary out.  This is in the path of Phoenix Sky Harbor airport.  It is so cloudy that you can hear all the planes coming in and leaving but you can't see them.  They are typically so low in this area you can read the airline name on the side of the plane. The crowd wasn't letting it get them down.  It was chilly though and I am not afraid to admitt I was worried I was going to be cold the whole time.  







Two colors down, raincoats are off.  We warmed up really fast and then the coats became a bit of a nuissance the rest of the time.  I definetly look wet.




We took one last picture under the bridge, right before the finish line.  We took it here so the camera wouldn't get wet in the rain.  Since it was STILL raining. The last station that we went to was blue and I kind of egged on the color thrower to hit me with her best shot.  Let's just say she didn't disappoint.  I had blue running down my arm and caked into my hair and all over my neck. 



This was a lot of fun.  It would have been even more fun without all of the rain. 


No comments:

Post a Comment